It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 04:38

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
 HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS 
Metal Guru

Post Re: HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS
My cat got bit in the face by a spider. It's been well over 10 hours and he appears fine, but I'm worrying really hard. His mother and all his siblings died, and I spent many sleepless nights keeping him alive when he was a tiny premature kitten. If he dies or if I have to put him to sleep, I won't be the same.

I've done some research and the only three spiders known to pierce feline skin (it's surprisingly thick) are two types of widow and the brown recluse. Virginia's not considered brown recluse territory, and it didn't look much like a widow. So I'm hoping it was only a wood spider or something.

an ancient, itching eldritch god

we stole from him a nectar sipped
from any light that heaven sent
slept in a new dead Eden, awed

08 Oct 2013, 23:13
Metal Guru

Xerxes wrote:
My cat got bit in the face by a spider. It's been well over 10 hours and he appears fine, but I'm worrying really hard. His mother and all his siblings died, and I spent many sleepless nights keeping him alive when he was a tiny premature kitten. If he dies or if I have to put him to sleep, I won't be the same.

I've done some research and the only three spiders known to pierce feline skin (it's surprisingly thick) are two types of widow and the brown recluse. Virginia's not considered brown recluse territory, and it didn't look much like a widow. So I'm hoping it was only a wood spider or something.

Is it possible for you to bring him to a vet? I've brought my kitty in a couple times when I was just worried about him... once it was validated and once I was just overreacting. In this case it seems that it would be awesome if you were just worrying too much. Spider bites scare me, so I know that I would bring my cat in to be checked out just in case.

I hope your kitty will be ok <3

09 Oct 2013, 08:25
Metal Guru

god damn it. back in the ER last night for abdominal pain. had to do another CT scan etc...
at least i was released after 5 hours this time. no new or re-aggravated perforation, but a good old chrons flare. on more steroids and pain killers for a week.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

10 Oct 2013, 12:11
Metal Guru

goddamn it

10 Oct 2013, 12:44
Metal Guru

Rocky Dennis wrote:
goddamn it

painkillers and whiskey together. :beer:

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:

10 Oct 2013, 12:47
Metal Guru

Why is my adblock not working? I KEEP SEEING KORN

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

10 Oct 2013, 19:39
Metal Guru

ahh...

10 Oct 2013, 22:57
Metal Guru

If someone could please ban Durkin, I'd promise to never make another fast food or internet personality thread ever again. I mean that.

11 Oct 2013, 00:54
Metal Guru

President Bagel wrote:
If someone could please ban Durkin, I'd promise to never make another fast food or internet personality thread ever again. I mean that.

why are you so mad bro

11 Oct 2013, 01:15
Metal Guru

I'm done arguing with you.

11 Oct 2013, 01:19
Metal Guru

President Bagel wrote:

I don't even want to fight

11 Oct 2013, 01:33
Metal Guru

President Bagel wrote:

if i had the powers to do so, i wouldnt. i cant take your word for anything.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:

11 Oct 2013, 02:03
Metal Guru

Holidays are depressing enough. Going to a family thanksgiving tomorrow knowing that if it's not the last time I see one or both of my grandparents alive, it'll certainly be the last time I see them in any kind of close-to-decent health. It's times like this I'm glad I drink. I'd love to leave work and crack open a bottle of Jack right now, fuck.

@to_billbrasky

11 Oct 2013, 06:06
Metal Guru

deathstalker wrote:
President Bagel wrote:

if i had the powers to do so, i wouldnt. i cant take your word for anything.

Even if he didn't keep his word, there's still an upside to that deal. :)

TheFinalSleep wrote:
If it's not generic, 70's worshipping stoner rock, it ain't worth shit around here....

11 Oct 2013, 06:20
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Holidays are depressing enough. Going to a family thanksgiving tomorrow knowing that if it's not the last time I see one or both of my grandparents alive, it'll certainly be the last time I see them in any kind of close-to-decent health. It's times like this I'm glad I drink. I'd love to leave work and crack open a bottle of Jack right now, fuck.

or you could enjoy the time you have left with them :attn:

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

11 Oct 2013, 16:35
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I hope tomorrow is the last time I see my mother in law. Her health is bad, so it might be. She's a total cunt and makes everyone else's life worse just by being alive.

11 Oct 2013, 16:52
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:

I am dealing with the exact same thing, and it kind of hit home tonight. I don’t look at it in such a grim way though, and I don’t think that you should either.

My grandparents are both in pushing 90. I called them tonight to ask if they would be around to see their great grandson tomorrow if I brought him over. It was my grandmother that answered, and she was happy to hear from me. Before we ended the conversation, she said “you know your grandfather isn’t doing well.” I did know that, but maybe he is worse off than I thought. My parents live a quarter mile from them, so I called my mom and told her that I would stop by with the boy tomorrow for a bit. It was a quick phone call, but a half hour later she calls back and says that I should bring a camera to make sure that I get some pictures of him with the baby. I got kind of pissed, and told her that I wasn’t going there to act all weird and linger around like the grim reaper. I am going to spend time with two people that are very important to me. We will have a good conversation (like we always do) and they will see the boy. After that I will leave, and if my grandfather dies before I see him again I will be happy to have spend one more afternoon chatting with him.

This situation sucks, but I am not going to go into depressed death watch mode, especially when both of them are still of very sound mind. I will be sad after they are gone, but I owe it to both of them, and to myself not to mourn them while they are still alive. We all handle things differently, but if these are people that you care about I suggest that you enjoy their company one last time, and not do them the disservice of acting all weird around them. I have a lifetime of great memories with the old folks, and when they are gone I will still have those. No need to add a year of worrying, and waiting for death to come to that fond set of memories. Just my two cents, but to me it’s the only way to play life’s endgame with the people that I love.

11 Oct 2013, 18:41
Metal Guru

President Bagel wrote:

Trying to win a argument with Durkin is pointless, you can't argue with stupid.

Just leave the guy alone and ignore him, everyone knows what his shtick is and if he chooses to stick around.. who cares?

12 Oct 2013, 05:57
Metal Guru

skûrj wrote:
Exorcist wrote:

or you could enjoy the time you have left with them :attn:

Indeedy, and that wound up being the case tonight. I'm glad I went for sure. But holy fuck. I'm so not ready to go through this whole thing again so soon, especially knowing that it's gonna be a package deal so to speak.

@to_billbrasky

12 Oct 2013, 22:44
Metal Guru

Ruke wrote:
President Bagel wrote:

Trying to win a argument with Durkin is pointless, you can't argue with stupid.

Just leave the guy alone and ignore him, everyone knows what his shtick is and if he chooses to stick around.. who cares?

Ya know, you're 100% right. Thanks :cheers:

12 Oct 2013, 23:35
Metal Guru

Kerrie wrote:
ahh...

So, I made that post because I had posted something that I decided against posting... but fuck, now I'm just going to post it again because it is really bothering me. AND, there is another somewhat similar thing going on that is making all the bothersome feelings worse. I can't say every detail about both situations, especially the first one, but I need to just write this somewhere to get it out.

1. On thursday I learned that a male friend of mine is being a weirdo stalker. He was dating another friend of mine and hasn't been able to get over the breakup. She broke up with him because she could no longer handle his excessive drinking. Now, he drives past her house all the time, and "visits" when he is drunk, which is nearly every night. He has even broken into her home and done creepy stuff to the place when she is not there. He has left some incredibly horrible messages on her answering machine, too. She has had to call the cops on him already because one night he demanded to be let in and pushed him self in, and refused to leave.

It's so weird because I always thought he was a genuinely nice person... I've always really liked him. Now, I don't know if I want to see him. Ugh.

2. My cousin told me through texting that she and her boyfriend have been having issues. We said we would talk about it when she came over for thanksgiving. WELL, he's being a jerk. I guess since about March or so, he has turned into a really controlling partner. He gives her shit if she wears make-up or nice outfits when he isn't with her. This is especially ridiculous because she is a make-up artist... has been for years (she works at MAC). He assumes that she wears make-up to pick up guys, when in reality it's an art form for her, and she does it for herself, not others. It was sad when I saw her. She is normally really strong, and doesn't take shit from anyone. His constant nagging and anger has made her a bit mousy. She was wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt, and hardly any make-up...and this is a girl who is VERY girly, and always dressed up. He has been calling her a slut, and expects her to only go to work, then come home to him. If she wants to go out with her friends, he freaks. If she is on her phone, he yells at her and says that she is texting other guys.

Ok, I'm not going to write more... I'm sure the situations have been explained enough. It's so frustrating to see these two ladies, whom I really care about, being treated like this. It makes me sad, and scared, for them. :(

14 Oct 2013, 18:36
Metal Guru

So many guys are pathetic idiots. Both those losers sound like nothing more then mentally retarded losers with absolutely no self confidence. Faghs.

14 Oct 2013, 21:43
Metal Guru

that's really tough kerrie. i had a friend whose girlfriend ended up being a better friend of mine than he is. he did some super jealous stuff. not to the degree you described but he would give her serious shit about how she dressed if she looked like she'd dolled up a bit. i never got the "you look good, you're a slut!" thing. he was cheated on early in his dating life but it was no excuse for him doing stuff like that, making hurtful comments about her weight and stuff. it made me lose a lot of respect for him. we went from being friends to being acquaintances pretty fast after i found out about that stuff. it's a really hard place to be, watching your friend do stuff that you can't condone :(

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

15 Oct 2013, 00:09
Profile WWW
Metal Illuminati

First guy sounds like inexcusable dirtbag punch-in-the-face shit. He might've been a nice guy once, but nice guys get broken like anyone else. They either get their shit together or turn into assholes. This guy went asshole.

Second guy...well sounds like much the same, but at least the first girl called the cops. Best advice for her: run screaming.

15 Oct 2013, 00:19
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

How the shit do you tell a makeup artist she can't wear makeup in public...? Like telling a guitarist he can only play in his bedroom.

an ancient, itching eldritch god

we stole from him a nectar sipped
from any light that heaven sent
slept in a new dead Eden, awed

15 Oct 2013, 00:36
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next