It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:40

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Adrian 'The Energizer' Bromley - Rest In Peace
R.I.P. Adrian, we only may have chatted once via MSN but you were fun to chat with and I still can't believe you're gone. :(

09 Dec 2008, 18:46
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

I was facebooking when I saw ryan and tina's staus....just found out....He was an awesome dude who gave a lot to the metal community in general, not just Toronto's. his life, his work, and his jokes, will not be forgotten......R.I.P. MPB

09 Dec 2008, 19:05
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

zombieattak wrote:
Wow, guys.. I just googled Adrian's first and last name, and there are pages of music sites, magazines, etc.. all paying tribute to Adrian. Amazing. This just further proves what a badass dude he was. :m:
http://www.google.ca/search?num=7&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=sVB&q=adrian+bromley&start=0&sa=N

This is both impressive and heartwarming. :abbath:

09 Dec 2008, 19:37
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I was deeply in shock when I logged onto the board yesterday evening and first read this thread. I only met Adrian twice. The first time at a Mayhem show at The Kathedral in 2001, the second time at an Amon Amarth show in January 2002, which also took place at The Kathedral. I chatted with him for about ten minutes at the Mayhem show at let him know how much I enjoyed the interviews and reviews he contributed to both Chronicles Of Chaos (which I have been reading since 1996 when I first got internet access) and Unrestrained. From what I could see he seemed like a very friendly, down to earth and passionate guy.

His death is a huge loss for both the Toronto metal community as well as the international metal community as a whole.

RIP, Adrian Bromley. You will never be forgotten.

09 Dec 2008, 19:38
Metal Guru

While I didn't know him personally, I always enjoyed reading his posts and marvelled at his knowledge of metal. It's good to see that his memory will live on in the hearts of many, many people. R.I.P.

09 Dec 2008, 19:55
Metal Guru

Man, I still can't get over this. Only met him once but he was just the nicest guy ever. I can't get him and his family (inlcuding Renee and Sam) out of my mind. *shakes head* It's just not fair. :cry:

09 Dec 2008, 20:07
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

I only met Adrian once, back in 06'. I was working security at the NE Metal Fest, and he let Lynneaus and I stay at his hotel room.

And though I had trouble sleeping through the "Snore-chestra" :lol: , I've always appreciated him doing me the favor.

I am deeply saddened by Adrian's passing and my heart goes out to his friends and family.

He will be missed.

R.I.P. Adrian

09 Dec 2008, 20:27
Headbanger

This is definitely some shocking news, my PC was out of commison for the last week and to log on and read this is quite an eye opener. I was just talking with Adrian last week on the phone for a couple hours, he just reviewed the Wolven Ancestry materials for the upcoming issue of Unrestrained and indicated he was very interested in signing us to his label. Wish we could have worked together more.

Very unfortunate indeed, I plan on attending the memorial in January for sure. Wolven Ancestry would gladly offer our services to perform some metal for the masses in memory of such a devoted fellow metal guru, if the opportunity was available.

:cheers: Cheers to our memories of Adrian!

09 Dec 2008, 20:32
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I never met MPB, but I did exchange a few e-mails with him about U!, and of course I read many of his posts on this board. I have enjoyed reading the insights as to what a great guy he was, not that there was any doubt before.

I learned an enormous amount about music from reading his posts and from U! magazine, and that will always stay with me and his other readers, keeping his memory alive even among those who didn't know him in person :beer:

I have written a few published books, and I always dedicate them to some deceased people. My last one was supposed to have a dedication to Quaorthon and Valfar, but that didn't occur for unimportant reasons. They will be in the next one, and Adrian's name will be with them. Perhaps the three of them are already having a get together...

RIP MPB, and my condolences to all affected by his passing :( :m:

09 Dec 2008, 20:33
Metal Guru

R.I.P

09 Dec 2008, 20:46
Metal Master

Never got a chance to meet such a wonderful guy, but I did have the pleasure of a couple of phone and MSN conversations. He was tryin to convince me to come down for the DOTE festival. What a polite and enthusiastic guy. The guy was the poster boy for metal, he ate, breathed, sleeped and shit metal. You could tell the passion he had for it. His influence is unmeasurable. Thanks Adrian for turning me on to some really great bands. His Oracle threads were just excellent. Some new hot band came over his ears and he'd be on the board letting us all in on the ear candy. If he'd not posted those threads my metal collection would be sorely lacking. This is a terrible loss for the metal community. I remember reading his many articles in Metal Maniacs and the great job he did at Unrestrained one of the passions of his life. I am truly saddened by his passing it's all I've thought about for the last 2 hours since I heard about it. :( To his family, his wife, and friends I offer my deepest condolences.

Cheers Adrian, you left us too soon bro! :cheers: We'll miss you man!

09 Dec 2008, 20:51
Metal Guru

No fucking way. That is totally unexpected.

09 Dec 2008, 21:10
Metal Guru

Last edited by Metal Dan on 09 Dec 2008, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

09 Dec 2008, 21:24
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Well its been more then 24 hours since i heard the news and im still in shock...I checked my cell messages today and was shocked to hear a message from Adrian that i must have saved that he sent last Thursday....I wished at that moment that it was just a bad dream...I really miss Adrians energy and excitement in which he spoke about metal music...and i felt especially honoured when he would get that excited talking about the PILEDRIVER CD we just finished....We were so proud to have him on our team...Thanks again for everything my friend.

RECKON WITH ONE Ep "Before the Storm" Out now!! New album "Tornadic" currently being worked on.

09 Dec 2008, 21:28
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

This is very, very sad.

Didn't know him (saw him at a few shows) but I do know he has many friends on this board.

My best wishes to his friends and family.

:(

09 Dec 2008, 21:54
Metal Guru

Horrible news, to be sure. My heart and thoughts go out to all of you who knew and loved him through the years. He's already missed.

See you on the other side, Bro' :( .

09 Dec 2008, 22:30
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

:( :( :( :(

I can't believe it, I'm in total shock right now.

I met him and talked to him on a few occasions, and these few years I've been on here he was always good for giving us a good laugh and I will definitely miss seeing him at shows or seeing him talk on here.

R.I.P MPB, you'll be truly missed :(

09 Dec 2008, 22:37
Metal Guru

thank you winston!

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

09 Dec 2008, 23:05
Metal Guru

Beautiful post, Winston. It tugged at my heartstrings and brought out the smiles. The Mexico City story was great. =)

Thank you. :cheers:

09 Dec 2008, 23:10
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I only met Adrian once, and it was when we were both held up at the stage entrance at Milwaukee Metalfest because some fucking retard screwed up the guestlist. He got in first....

Online Adrian was always a cool motherfucker and it had gotten to be where I would check out the majority of his recommendations (and that is something I'm notorious for never doing). My heart sank when I just floated in here today and saw the giant memorial picture.

RIP Bunny Man! This place and the scene will have a large hole for quite a while.

Carpe Testicus

09 Dec 2008, 23:24
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

I only "met" him from his posts here and from U!, but from reading all these tributes, it seems that I got know a great deal about him simply from that: his passion. From my first days here years ago, his was an opinion of higher credibility to me, and to echo what Bear wrote, I found myself checking into his recommendations more than I might those of others. So that voice will be missed.

But that hurt is miniscule compared. For those of you who have lost your brother, your family, your friend, I am sorry for your loss.

09 Dec 2008, 23:55
Metal Guru

Hey Winston, thanks for posting that. I met and hung out with you at the first Northern Lights festival when we worked a merch table together, not sure if you remember.

I can't imagine how hard this is on you and the family, it was so unexpected.

If you need anything, lemme know.

Take care in this tough time.

09 Dec 2008, 23:57
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Metal Guru

can someone give me the stuff for the photobucket accoutn i have like 50 photos to add

http://www.metalrab.com (coming soon dizzles)

10 Dec 2008, 00:12
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

I was going to post my last exchange of private messages with MPB, but I went to my private message inbox and saw I deleted them. :cry:

Anyway, I want to tell this story. This summer I was going to be in New York for one day, to catch the Queen Mary 2 on its way to Hamburg, Germany (my friend and I were going to Wacken). The QM2 leaves from a ship terminal in Brooklyn.

My friend and I were supposed to arrive in New York in the morning, but we didn't have to be on the ship until 3PM. I thought maybe we could spend the intervening hours getting lunch or a drink somewhere in Brooklyn, within walking distance of the terminal.

MPB was the only person I knew in Brooklyn. So I PM'd him, asking him if he knew any cool places to get a drink.

He did suggest one place...but unfortunately because I deleted the message after I got back, I don't know what it was. :(

As it turned out, the process of boarding the ship was long and elaborate, and my friend and I didn't have a chance to go to lunch or drinks in Brooklyn. So we never visited the bar that Adrian suggested. However, I want to find it again, and I will go there someday...and lift a beer in his honor.

:cheers:

10 Dec 2008, 00:51
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that I hear of this news. Adrian was a gentleman and a scholar. He was always generous towards me and even though I only ever met him once, I feel that had we the opportunity to get to know one another in person that we could have grown as friends. I know that the Canadian metal scene will suffer from this loss. I also know that he has a great many friends on this globe and many that knew him much more than I and will feel this loss much closer to their hearts.

From myself and also from everyone formerly involved in the ML7 camp (Bram, Steve, Dave and Tony) we wish you a good journey into the unknown, and your memory will forever be with us.

RIP Adrian. Rest in Peace with your fallen metal brothers.

10 Dec 2008, 01:10
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next