It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 15:45

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Rest in peace Rab 
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab - Funeral Info In First Post
Unfortunately I cannot make it.

Apologies if this is to soon but maybe we could organize like a kick ass concert in his honor or something for a future date I would be able to attend that.

22 Apr 2012, 18:26
Metal Guru

I'm sure that's already in the plans.

22 Apr 2012, 18:30
Metal Guru

Jotun wrote:
if anyone needs a ride from Hamilton i still have a few spots open i believe

Likewise. I'll be coming from Brantford, and I believe I have space for one or maybe two people in my car. If you want to go but need a lift, don't hesitate to PM me.

@to_billbrasky

22 Apr 2012, 18:39
Metal Guru

RIP :(

http://www.myspace.com/dimentianon

22 Apr 2012, 18:55
Profile WWW
Headbanger

R.I.P.

Never met him, but seemed like a very good person. :(

22 Apr 2012, 19:08
Metal Guru

One thing's fore sure, Rob is gonna bring a lot of people together.

22 Apr 2012, 19:42
Metal Guru

I had to wait a day or so to be able to find the right words for how I feel about this whole thing. I posted it on his Facebook wall, but I figured I'd re-post it here as some of you might not be able to see his wall, I just wish there was a way to open it up so everyone can see just how many respects have been paid in only 24 hours, it's extremely remarkable.

It may have been a day already, but it's still hard to find the right words...The world has definitely lost what can easily be described as a perfect example of how people should be and act in regards to both themselves and each other. Rab was a guy who was always pushing himself to succeed in all aspects of what he was doin, weather it be Starting the label, being a driving force behind Dets(howeverthefuckyouspellit), His radio show, everything that he did, this also goes hand in hand with the fact that he was the kind of person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

Truly genuine people like Rab are a very very rare breed of person to come across in this day and age. I can't even begin to count the amount of times he went to bat for me, and vice versa. His impact on not only the scene but the people in general that help make it what it is has been proven beyond a shadow of doubt in the past 24 hours, with condolences, statements and sentiments left by people not only from his home here in Ontario but world wide. I can safely say that if it wasn't for Rab, a lot of things would have been different both in the scene and out of it. A lot of us, even now are probably still completely confused and are still left with a part of us that cant really believe he's gone (as I know I am)...but I can guarantee you He would be even more confused, shocked and downright speachless if he actually knew how many people have been affected and have either already, will be, or intend to be stopping by to pay their respects. Rab dude, We all love you, and you'll forever be in our hearts and memories, Keep the horns held high and we'll see you on the other side when our time comes brother!...Keep a nice cold Keiths aside for me!

--Don

....I'll see you all on Friday, and possibly Thursday if I can get the time off work

22 Apr 2012, 19:48
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Post Re: Rest in peace Rab
Imperator wrote:
I've done a little tribute to Rab on my blog. Here's the link:

http://muertos.blog.com/2012/04/22/a-lo ... ob-cranny/

R.I.P. buddy. :(

Very nicely written. Thank you for sharing.

22 Apr 2012, 20:11
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

i wish this was a bad dream...........i want to wake up and evrything will be alright........... :(

22 Apr 2012, 20:41
Metal Guru

I can't make the visitation, but I'll be at the funeral for sure and will be sticking around Toronto for the weekend. If anyone in TO is in a pinch for a ride, PM me and we can try to work something out.

22 Apr 2012, 20:50
Metal Guru

Really sorry to hear about this. :(

22 Apr 2012, 20:54
Metal Guru

RIP. :(

My Noise on Facebook
Facebook personal page

22 Apr 2012, 21:22
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

This is sad news. I as well never met the man, but my sincerest condolences to his family and friends. It seems a lot of people here loved and cared for him. I'm sure many, many more outside the Braveboard did as well.

Again, RIP.

22 Apr 2012, 21:27
Metal Guru

Met him in passing on visits to Toronto, and spoke with him occasionally online.
My sympathies to every one with a heavy heart.

Rest in peace, Rob.

22 Apr 2012, 21:29
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
This is sad news. I as well never met the man, but my sincerest condolences to his family and friends. It seems a lot of people here loved and cared for him. I'm sure many, many more outside the Braveboard did as well.

Again, RIP.

This. The dude seemed pretty damn cool from his posts and photos that he posted. Always bad to see someone like that die.

President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.

22 Apr 2012, 22:56
Metal Guru

If I can ill be at a party in his name. Not the funeral but a future party.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

22 Apr 2012, 23:00
MetalHead

I dont think I'm capable of attending the viewing. Will be there on Friday. :(

22 Apr 2012, 23:04
Metal Master

My 11 year old was also born on June 3rd.

RiP Mr. Cranny.

22 Apr 2012, 23:09
Headbanger

Rob lived 27 years and he did enough in his life to fill another 27 years or more of my life. Rob was the guy who always had a smile and a good story to share. He also always had photos of his journey's that made you say "Damnit Rab!!! I should have been there!" I was so jealous of him! He was always nice to me, even tho I'd bother him way to long while drunk at concerts, bugging him about his adventures. I promised him a beer to tell me about Norway and where to go when I saved up the money. He was helpful and smart. He loved metal and everything about it. I know for the next while I'll go to a show and expect to see him, but he won't be there. He has indeed passed into legend. Someone who touched so many lives comes to us not very often. I hope he becomes a comic book character or a protagonist in a song so he may live on forever. RIP Rab. Let all who loved you celebrate your life and when I pass may you be my metal tour guide to Valhalla!

22 Apr 2012, 23:27
MetalHead

Night Spirit wrote:
Rob lived 27 years and he did enough in his life to fill another 27 years or more of my life. Rob was the guy who always had a smile and a good story to share. He also always had photos of his journey's that made you say "Damnit Rab!!! I should have been there!" I was so jealous of him! He was always nice to me, even tho I'd bother him way to long while drunk at concerts, bugging him about his adventures. I promised him a beer to tell me about Norway and where to go when I saved up the money. He was helpful and smart. He loved metal and everything about it. I know for the next while I'll go to a show and expect to see him, but he won't be there. He has indeed passed into legend. Someone who touched so many lives comes to us not very often. I hope he becomes a comic book character or a protagonist in a song so he may live on forever. RIP Rab. Let all who loved you celebrate your life and when I pass may you be my metal tour guide to Valhalla!

:beer:

22 Apr 2012, 23:29
Metal Guru

I so wish I could attend. Just tears me up right now. :( [url][/url]

With the wind on my back I make my way down to Hell

22 Apr 2012, 23:47
MetalHead

Still pretty bent out of shape about this. Fuck :( what a guy.

22 Apr 2012, 23:49
Metal Guru

Jeez, another one from this board...RIP Rab...I didn't know him at all, but seeing his posts made it clear he lived for Metal and was beloved of everyone who knew him. It sounds like he got the most out of his short life... :(

23 Apr 2012, 00:20
Metal Guru

Night Spirit wrote:

^^^WELL SAID^^^

Jeez.
Regardless of the person this was written for, this is a beautiful testament to a man's life and his indelible influence on the people whom he came in contact with.

And rightfully, in this case, it applies.

:cheers:

Metal bitch inferno
666 fucking beer
Metal bitch inferno
Fucking metal madness

23 Apr 2012, 00:54
Metal Guru

zombieattak wrote:
Service and Funeral Info:

http://glenoaks.permavita.com/siteContent/memorial.html?personId=204149&source=memlist

Visitation
Glen Oaks Memorial Chapel and Reception Centre
3164 Ninth Line, Oakville, ON, CANADA, L6H 7A8
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Funeral
Glen Oaks Memorial Chapel and Reception Centre
3164 Ninth Line, Oakville, ON, CANADA, L6H 7A8
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

*edit*
I'll definitely be at the visitation, I just need to hash out details to see if I can get to the funeral too. A sitter isn't a problem, it's getting there.

fuck i wish i could be there. have a good hug and cry from me, and raise a glass in his honour for me too.

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

23 Apr 2012, 01:32
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next