It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 04:40



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation? 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20263
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
I'm trying to create a Jens Johansson-esque patch, with limited success. Anybody have any advice that could help? The one thing I knew I was missing was that he uses an old MXR distortion, so I added that in with your usual lead-y stuff, but I'm definitely missing something in the low end...

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


24 Jan 2014, 22:52
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 65645
Location: Victoria BC
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
Can you blend in one oscillator with a sine wave a couple octaves lower? That or check if there's an HPF fucking with your shit. I dunno. I haven't actually played with a Wavestation so I have no idea.

Better just ship it out to me and I'll set you up with some patches... :8D:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


25 Jan 2014, 16:05
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20263
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
robofist wrote:
Can you blend in one oscillator with a sine wave a couple octaves lower? That or check if there's an HPF fucking with your shit. I dunno. I haven't actually played with a Wavestation so I have no idea.

Better just ship it out to me and I'll set you up with some patches... :8D:

:lol: I'm using a USB controller with the VST, I wish I had that piece of awesome. But good advice, I'll try it.

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


25 Jan 2014, 19:03
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Feb 2003, 11:09
Posts: 65645
Location: Victoria BC
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
That makes it a lot easier, hah! I checked out some of his stuff to get a good feel for the sort of thing you're going for. For those types of leads I usually would have a square or sawtooth oscillator in the upper range for the "widdlywiddly" tone, but beef it up with a sine or secondary sawtooth a couple octaves down. Something with a pretty serious LPF so it blends nicely with the "top." It's been a while since I did much tone design though, I've only been using symphonic sounds recently. Getting back into it though.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
[sluts > virgins


Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm


25 Jan 2014, 19:54
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20263
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
robofist wrote:
That makes it a lot easier, hah! I checked out some of his stuff to get a good feel for the sort of thing you're going for. For those types of leads I usually would have a square or sawtooth oscillator in the upper range for the "widdlywiddly" tone, but beef it up with a sine or secondary sawtooth a couple octaves down. Something with a pretty serious LPF so it blends nicely with the "top." It's been a while since I did much tone design though, I've only been using symphonic sounds recently. Getting back into it though.

"Widdlywiddly" tone described so fucking accurately it hurts :lol: .

It's coming along a bit better now and your suggestions are indeed helping. I tried googling it but nobody will fucking share their patch (including the guy who got it BANG ON fucking perfect and wants money for plagiarism basically) and the progsounds forum used an interface that wasn't exactly familiar, so seeing it here is really helping.

Also; Noticed the vid you posted. That's some hardcore Johanssoning.

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


25 Jan 2014, 21:01
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 19:57
Posts: 20263
Location: That place you say to make people pee
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
FUCKING 6 HOURS OF PROGRAMMING AND NAILED IT PRETTY CLOSE.
It actually sounds a bit more like the one he programmed for Wirman than his own, but seriously, I'm not sitting here any longer.

I feel both useless and accomplished at the same time
Thanks man, your advice really pulled this one together.

https://soundcloud.com/ironmiller/stratolead-reference

_________________
RabaFlab Rab wrote:
i always love guns n roses announcements cause either i get to see a wicked show or i get to experence my first riot either way i win


27 Jan 2014, 17:40
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 01:51
Posts: 3784
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
The Iron Miller wrote:
FUCKING 6 HOURS OF PROGRAMMING AND NAILED IT PRETTY CLOSE.
It actually sounds a bit more like the one he programmed for Wirman than his own, but seriously, I'm not sitting here any longer.

I feel both useless and accomplished at the same time
Thanks man, your advice really pulled this one together.

https://soundcloud.com/ironmiller/stratolead-reference

Sounds pretty bad ass to me! Nice work! :beer:

_________________
ImageImage
http://www.twitter.com/UncannyDerek


27 Jan 2014, 20:10
Profile WWW
Newbie

Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 02:46
Posts: 3
Post Re: Anybody have any experience with Korg Wavestation?
I don't have any idea regarding it.


17 Feb 2014, 02:57
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.