It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 15:53

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
 HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS 
Metal Guru

Post Re: HATRED-FUELED HATE OF HATEFUL THINGS
Some great advice given to ingenting by others. My two cents, from the view of a complete outsider:

I know nothing about you, nor the girl. All I see is a toxic relationship where you've grown into a 'comfortable,' routine, so to speak, with her and at some level, you'd rather take the shit she throws at you rather than get out of it and stand firmly on your own two feet again. You're in a rut and it is easier not to fight.

The only way you can get out of this is to cut her out of your life. There is absolutely nothing you can gain from this relationship; no future, no long term benefits. You're just fucking yourself up and no matter how strong you think you are, every action has an effect on you. You need to sit down and assess this relationship hard and decide whether the love you have is worth being treated like a subhuman. If not, well, it's time to walk out.

I'm sorry for the shit you're going through and I hope you can get out of it asap.

17 Dec 2013, 05:09
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

robofist wrote:
it's amazing what a little healthy exertion will do for your mental and emotional state.

That's true - and you don't even need to go to the gym or break a sweat.

Just put some headphones on, load up a couple of your favorite albums, grab a coat and just walk outside somewhere for an hour (even if it's to a liquor store or to get some junk food, LOL) and walk back home again.

I'd probably be miserable as hell if I wasn't able to walk to work like I do. I don't care who you are - the brain goes nuts if the body doesn't move enough.

17 Dec 2013, 11:26
Metal Guru

Yeah, I work from home and deadlines + sickness have kept me out of the gym so I feel like shit. I do try to take a walk now and then, and it really helps. I need to set a routine in the New Year, and moving to London might help.

17 Dec 2013, 12:54
Metal Guru

My in laws. Living here to turn things around while I go to school.I left to live with my mom (leaving my wife and kid here) for a month because I was tired of all the fighting. I just came back yesterday and now my wifes gone because of a fight with her parents, no idea when she'll be back and my daughters birthday is tomorrow. I hate angry people and their inability to any rational and civilized thoughts. I hate that I came back here to deal with this again. If I didn't love my daughter so much and vice-versa (God I FUCKING LOVE my daddy's girl) and my wife (I can't blame her for how she feels, I just hate being involved and cleaning up after arguments that stem from childhood issues that should just stay between her and her parents) I'd burn this place to the ground and move on with my fucking life.

20 Dec 2013, 21:35
Metal Guru

Lucus wrote:
I can't blame her for how she feels, I just hate being involved and cleaning up after arguments that stem from childhood issues that should just stay between her and her parents.

i dont really know you or anything, but i wanted to say that the fact that you can love your wife so deeply and be so supportive, AND acknowledge that this crap really shouldnt be your problem, is really... i dont know, nice. I'm sorry shit's so fucked up, things always get messy around this time of year especially, but it sounds like you're trying to do what's best and trying to be there for people who need you, and trying to do school on top of all that so fucking kudos. in case noone else mentioned it, you're a fucking trooper.

Rook wrote:
nothing about you is normal. it's all just awful.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SKURJ! She's awesome live!

20 Dec 2013, 21:43
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

skûrj wrote:
Lucus wrote:
I can't blame her for how she feels, I just hate being involved and cleaning up after arguments that stem from childhood issues that should just stay between her and her parents.

i dont really know you or anything, but i wanted to say that the fact that you can love your wife so deeply and be so supportive, AND acknowledge that this crap really shouldnt be your problem, is really... i dont know, nice. I'm sorry shit's so fucked up, things always get messy around this time of year especially, but it sounds like you're trying to do what's best and trying to be there for people who need you, and trying to do school on top of all that so fucking kudos. in case noone else mentioned it, you're a fucking trooper.
You have no idea how happy you just made me. I've spent the past month basically being ignored and scrutinized for my stance in the situation. I've felt like I've been doing something wrong for a while now and it's nice to hear from someone else I'm doing what I should be.

Thanks for actually getting a smile on my face, I really need to be in a good mood for my girls second birthday tomorrow, now I will :) :cheers:

20 Dec 2013, 21:53
Metal Guru

speaking of hateful things...

some weird and difficult family shit from forever ago caused a huge rift. my little brother hates my mom and i wont speak to or acknowledge my step dad. my brother and i have mostly bridged the gap and maintained a decent relationship, we just dont discuss our parents. i dont need any analysis of this, if you know what went down then you know, and if you dont know, then i dont need any uninformed opinions. the really rough part is around this time of year... my bf is on the phone talking to his sister about what gift to get for their mom. holy shit i'd give anything to have that conversation with my brother.
fucking anything.

Rook wrote:

Big Metal Dude wrote:

20 Dec 2013, 22:09
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Location: Spitting darts from the tip of a glacier used for my hideout
skûrj wrote:
speaking of hateful things...

some weird and difficult family shit from forever ago caused a huge rift. my little brother hates my mom and i wont speak to or acknowledge my step dad. my brother and i have mostly bridged the gap and maintained a decent relationship, we just dont discuss our parents. i dont need any analysis of this, if you know what went down then you know, and if you dont know, then i dont need any uninformed opinions. the really rough part is around this time of year... my bf is on the phone talking to his sister about what gift to get for their mom. holy shit i'd give anything to have that conversation with my brother.
fucking anything.

:(

21 Dec 2013, 00:46
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Thank you to everyone for your responses regarding my situation. I read all of them thoroughly and I genuinely appreciate that anyone cares enough in the first place to respond, let alone offer such reasoned responses. We split up this week in what might be called a "mutual" agreement, although in reality it was a lot messier than that. Things suck right now, but I've dealt with this shit before and I'll deal with it again I guess.

21 Dec 2013, 00:49
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

ingenting wrote:
Thank you to everyone for your responses regarding my situation. I read all of them thoroughly and I genuinely appreciate that anyone cares enough in the first place to respond, let alone offer such reasoned responses. We split up this week in what might be called a "mutual" agreement, although in reality it was a lot messier than that. Things suck right now, but I've dealt with this shit before and I'll deal with it again I guess.

*hugs*

Rook wrote:

Big Metal Dude wrote:

21 Dec 2013, 01:20
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

skûrj wrote:
ingenting wrote:

*hugs*

I just realized how many times I said some variation on 'response' in that paragraph. :(

21 Dec 2013, 01:43
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

ingenting wrote:

Hang tight, man. You're on the right track. If you ever need to vent, you know where to find me :cheers:

@to_billbrasky

21 Dec 2013, 14:29
Metal Guru

TOTAL SUPPORT FROM PORTLAND

21 Dec 2013, 16:49
Metal Guru

There is too much background to the situation for me to explain succinctly, but long story short... I got a very unpleasant phone call from my now-ex this morning. She told me that not only did she do something that really stung, but she lied to me about it, AND tried to make me feel like an idiot and an asshole for suspecting it all along.

I know this too will eventually pass, but right now, I cannot see straight and I feel like I'm on the edge of a massive precipice of despair that is moments away from consuming me. I honestly feel physically ill. I don't know how to react at all, but I will say that certain people are very lucky that I am not more of an asshole, and that I internalize the better part of my uglier emotions rather than lash out at others. I just wonder how much longer I can keep doing this before I melt away from the inside out.

23 Dec 2013, 06:30
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

I know the feeling. I had an ex who fucked a former friend of mine while said ex and I were together, and it took every bit of will power not to out him to others or at least rearrange his jawline. It does make it easier since the guy is a chickenshit coward who won't poke his head out in public anymore, but it still stung like hell at the time. All I can really say is just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It may not get easier for awhile, but eventually you'll realize that she did you a favor. Just be glad you're not married so she won't be taking half your shit in the process, I guess. Hang in there, Max.

@to_billbrasky

23 Dec 2013, 06:42
Metal Guru

SOMEBODY NEEDS A CUNT PUNT
I swear to Godzilla, Max, if I am ever in the presence of this woman, I will tell her to go fuck a yak.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
What's funny to me is that we all claim to be adults here.

23 Dec 2013, 08:45
Metal Guru

I hate that I have to work today. We should just be closed the entire week of Christmas.

TheFinalSleep wrote:
If it's not generic, 70's worshipping stoner rock, it ain't worth shit around here....

23 Dec 2013, 10:23
Metal Illuminati

Got a half-day today - only reason I'm bothering to show up at all is that I have a belated birthday lunch with accounting.

After this, I'll pop in for the pot luck tomorrow and then that's it until January.

23 Dec 2013, 10:37
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Yeah... at least I only have to work three hours tomorrow. 9-noon! :m:

TheFinalSleep wrote:
If it's not generic, 70's worshipping stoner rock, it ain't worth shit around here....

23 Dec 2013, 10:53
Metal Guru

My boss's accountant is a ninny.
My income was filed as ending in *045.00 for 2012.
I just got a letter from the CRA saying he did not input the numbers correctly and it was actually *405.00
They're dinging me for a hundred bucks. :(
I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but fuck.. That's not want I want before Christmas :lol:

Big Metal Dude wrote:

23 Dec 2013, 13:47
Metal Guru

ingenting wrote:
There is too much background to the situation for me to explain succinctly, but long story short... I got a very unpleasant phone call from my now-ex this morning. She told me that not only did she do something that really stung, but she lied to me about it, AND tried to make me feel like an idiot and an asshole for suspecting it all along.

Quote:
I know the feeling. I had an ex who fucked a former friend of mine while said ex and I were together, and it took every bit of will power not to out him to others or at least rearrange his jawline. It does make it easier since the guy is a chickenshit coward who won't poke his head out in public anymore, but it still stung like hell at the time.

boy, do these sound familiar.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

23 Dec 2013, 13:49
Metal Guru

I need a google+ account to post a fucking comment on youtube now? Bastards have been hounding me to link my youtube to a google+ account every time i go there logged in and now this.

Fuuuuuuckkk you google. Between this and ActiveSync being limited to paid accounts I'm growing fedup with you guys.

Every day is a step further away from the freedoms and choice you used to provide and another towards the closed-enviroment you clearly always wanted.

I knew you dickheads would turn into Apple one day.

23 Dec 2013, 17:10
Metal Guru

zombieattak wrote:
I just got a letter from the CRA saying he did not input the numbers correctly and it was actually *405.00
I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but fuck.. That's not want I want before Christmas :lol:

You should definitely bring that up with your boss and make sure you get what you're owed. In Jan if not in Dec.

23 Dec 2013, 17:28
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

symphony21 wrote:
zombieattak wrote:

You should definitely bring that up with your boss and make sure you get what you're owed. In Jan if not in Dec.

He said he'll sort it out in January when his accountant gets back from vacation. I wasn't gonna pay them right away, anyways :lol:

Big Metal Dude wrote:

Last edited by zombieattak on 24 Dec 2013, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

23 Dec 2013, 20:40
Metal Guru

A few months ago, I posted that I was being promoted at work. I was finally going to be leaving the teller line and taking over IT/most computer-related duties at the bank. I have been asking for that for years and finally got it. I was ecstatic. I was told I'd have to wait until "sometime in the first quarter of 2014" so they could train the new people to replace me. Totally fine. I understood.

Couple weeks ago, the branch I'm slated to transfer to lost a part-time teller. I thought "no big deal, they'll hire someone to fill that." They're in the process of doing so. Now, the woman that was their teller supervisor has left as of Friday. As soon as I saw that, I texted my wife and told her that I'm fucked. I knew once I saw her leaving that they'd ask me to fill her shoes.

Sure enough, I was told that they need me to fill in her spot. I asked for how long and they told me they didn't know, but "at this bank, we all wear a lot of hats." I'm already wearing three! This promotion meant eliminating one of them, but now I'm just keeping the one I wanted to remove.

I'm insanely frustrated right now. Obviously, the job market is too shitty to do anything but just go with it, but damn it, this pisses me off. I've been here for the better part of a decade, think I'm finally getting what I want, and then this shit happens.

Just... :byhatw:

TheFinalSleep wrote:

24 Dec 2013, 07:10
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next